This Workstream is intended for the training of health professionals in applying the new diagnostic protocol of infant and toddler abuse and neglect in the context of routine health exams for infants and toddlers.
Description of the work activities:
- Establishment of collaboration with public child health centres
- Development of Guidelines for health professionals on how to apply the protocol for diagnosing infant and toddler abuse and neglect (produced during Workstream 2) in the context of infant and toddler routine health exams.
- Translation of the aforementioned Guidelines into Consortium’s national languages.
- Development of an evaluation form to be filled in by trained professionals to evaluate the training offered to them, as well as to note any issues they would like to further discuss with the Consortium’s National representatives.
- Organization of a 2-day Consortium workshop to decide on the methodology of the training to be provided for health professionals who shall apply the new diagnostic protocol in the context of infant and toddler routine health exams in all partner countries (Train the Trainers Workshop).
- Organization of 3-days National workshops, during which health professionals will be trained to apply the diagnostic protocol for infant and toddler abuse and neglect in the context of routine health exams.
- Evaluation of the Train the Trainers Workshop